Thursday, May 13, 2010

Hot!

It's really starting to warm up now. The other day the high got up to 115 degrees! Fortunately right now it's kind of a dryer heat, unlike Kuwait. However, once it gets above 110, it really doesn't matter all that much. Someone said the other day that it felt like someone was pointing a full body blow dryer at you. I agree with that sentiment. The evenings haven't been so bad. It probably gets into the low 90s at night. I had a flight the other day which wasn't so bad. We flew doors open, but it was still pretty warm. I can't imagine going out on patrol in a full kit in these temperatures.
Anyway, I'm on the road again. This is probably going to be my last trip to Polar Bear country! Of course that's what I thought the last trip down here. But that's pretty typical Army, the only constant being change. I'll be glad to be done with these guys, their command is absolutely crazy and the whole culture down here is one of complaining and yelling. It's really amazing to see the difference between units with good and bad command climates.
So I've been kind of getting into the Dry Needling techniques. It's pretty interesting stuff and so far seems to yield pretty good results. I think I'm going to try to go to some courses to get certified in the technique when I get back. It also helps that the course I want to go to is in Denver. I love continuing education! What a great excuse for traveling on the Army's dime to great places and to see friends.
Well, still no new news about out redeployment schedule. I'm not too worried about it. At least if we make it to August that's another month of tax free and combat pay.

No comments: