Wednesday, April 14, 2010

FEPP

So I really don't have any idea what the actual full term is for this Acronymn. It is found on a sticker about 6 inches by 8 inches with yellow and black diagonal stripes (like the caution tape). The essence of the acronymn is that it designates equipment that we will be leaving for the Iraqis when we turn over bases. I just got to one of the medium size FOBs and when I got here there were stickers on everything. I do mean everything too. Cheap plastic tables, fire extinguishers, broken down refrigerators, buildings, porta-johns...everything. The comparison that comes to mind is that of a wedding registry. It's like the Iraqis were given a scanning gun (in this case a stack of stickers) and told to go put them on everything they wanted. Obviously that's not exactly how it was done, but that's what I imagine. Anyway, I guess the whole point is that number one it's a sign that we're actually getting ready to had over these bases and pull up stakes. It also kind of demonstrates how ill-equiped the local Federal Police and Iraqi Army are. I'm not sure what they are going to do without us when we leave with all of our logistical support. I honestly have very little confidence in their ability to provide security to this country, especially in a non-corupt manner. Oh well, I guess there will be some growing pains!

No comments: